- 2 kg tulingan (small Mackerel tuna or any type of Mackerel)
- 50 grms pork fat, sliced into strips
- ¼ cup vinegar
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup dried kamias
- 2 tbsp rock salt to taste
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Remove gills and all internal organs of the fish then chop off tail.
- Slit both sides of the fish and press against the sides with palms of the hands to flatten the fish and soften its flesh.
- Wash thoroughly under running water, till water runs clear. Rub fish with salt in and out.
- In a saucepan, arrange the pork fat at the bottom then some of the dried kamias.
- Put the fish on top side by side. Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook slowly on very low heat and simmer for about 2-3 hours till fish is done.
Source: Kusina 101