This thick hearty noodle soup has been one of the favorite meryenda of Filipinos available in many karinderya along the street. Perfect for the cold raining afternoons to warm you up in a delicious way. This lomi is very simple using ingredients such as pork meat, liver, chicken soup, shrimps, squid, squidballs, orlian, chicken balls, fish balls, miki noodles, carrots, snow peas, celery, garlic, onion and eggs. This may seem a long list, but we can assure you that you will love the result. Pin this recipe and keep it along with your list of recipes to cook during snack or even breakfast. Your family will surely love its rich and flavorful soup along with noodles and other ingredients that makes it a complete meal in a bowl.
- 100 gms lean pork, preferably menudo cut, sliced thinly (about 1 1/2 inches in length)
- 100 gms pork liver, sliced like the pork meat
- 300 gms chicken soup pack, or chicken stock
- 100 gms small shrimps (can be tagunton, or river shrimps), shelled, reservethe heads
- 100 gms fresh squid, cleaned and sliced
- a few squidballs, orlian, chicken balls, fish balls (optional), quartered
- a pack of thick miki noodles (about 1/4 kg)
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 100 gms snow peas, ends trimmed
- a stalk of celery, sliced thinly
- garlic and onion, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
How to cook Special Lomi Recipe:
- Wash the chicken soup pack and saute in garlic and onion. Sprinkle salt or a dashof patis and white pepper. Turn sides. When the chicken has turned brown on all sides, add about eight cups of water, cover and bring to a boil.
- Alternatively, just put the chicken in a pan of water and bring to a boil, this way less cooking oil is used. After about 15 minutes, turn off fire and scoop out chicken to let cool. Flake chicken meat and discard skin and bones.
- If using stock just bring to a boil in a pan of water. Put the shrimp heads in a mortar, pour 2 tablespoons of the soup stock, and pound. Pour back the soup, sieving the shrimp heads. Repeat for about two to three more times.
- Heat a little cooking oil in a pan, and saute garlic and onions. Stir fry the pork, liver, squid, shrimps and balls for about three minutes. Transfer to the pan of soup stock and bring to a boil.
- Wash the noodles then put into the boiling pan. Put in the flaked chicken.
- Boil on medium to high heat for about three minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Put in carrots, snow peas and celery. After about a minute, pour the egg, and stir in the soup until it sets. Serve immediately.
- Serve with sliced kalamansi, fried garlic, sliced spring onion, and patis (fish sauce).