This spicy squid pusit is an simple seafood dish consists of squid cook in tomato sauce, hot sauce and chili flakes until tender together with vegetables. When cooking it, avoid to overcook the squid because it will become rubbery texture and tough. You should try this spicy squid recipe if you are looking for a simple seafood dish to try. Squid is one popular seafood ingredient in the Philippines that is rich in protein. Cooked either grilled or fried in cooking oil, this creature is simply irresistible and will never fail your taste buds. This already savoring taste is made even flavorful using other ingredients such as sesame oil, water, garlic, ginger, basil, chili peppers, scallion, sugar and soy sauce. Try this spicy squid recipe now!
- 4 medium squids. Cleaned and rinsed
- 4 tbsp. sesame oil ( if not available, vegetable oil will do)
- ½ cup of water
- 6 cloves garlic
- 4 slices of ginger
- 3 stalks of basil
- 2 fresh chili peppers
- 1 scallion
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 4 tbsp. soy sauce
How To Cook Spicy Squid Recipe:
- Slice squid horizontally into small pieces. (To make sure that you get rings instead of slice, don’t cut open the squid after cleaning.)
- Blanch in water along with scallion and ginger. Remove.(By blanching squid before cooking, you can prevent water from being released while cooking.)
- Over low heat, fry ginger in 3 tbsp. oil.
- When the ginger begins to curl, and squid, garlic, and chili peppers. Still well.
- Add all other ingredients and ½ cup of water. Allow to boil.
- After 5 minutes, add basil
- Transfer to serving dish and serve.