- 1½ cup Ube Halaya
- 3 cups Fresh Milk
- 1 cup all purpose cream
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- ½ cup sugar or to taste
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
How to make Ube Ice Candy:
- In a saucepan, combine cornstarch into 1 cup fresh milk and stir until dissolved.
- Heat the milk mixture on medium heat until it starts to boil and turn to low and simmer for about 3 minutes just until it thickens like syrup. (Adding cornstarch is a method to make the ice becomes smooth and soft).
- Pour mixture into a large mixing bowl, add the sugar and stir until fully dissolves.
- Let it cool down a little bit before adding the remaining ingredients.
- Add in sweetened condensed milk, fresh milk, all purpose cream and vanilla extract if desired.
- Stir thoroughly and add Ube Halaya then mix well.
- Test the taste of your mixture and add sugar if needed.
- Use a funnel and ladle and pour the mixture into each Ice candy wrapper about 5 inches high.
- If you don’t have a funnel you can use a pitcher.
- Tie the top tightly and trim the plastic if desired.
- Arrange Ice Candy in the freezer and freeze until frozen.
- Serve your Ube Ice Candy anytime and enjoy!